Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Red and brown rice with bratwurst

Lunch box today was inspired by 80 Breakfasts' Barley and Sausage recipe. I used whatever ingredients I already have in my kitchen and then some.





I bought a pack of Nurnberger pork bratwurst from citi'super.

I already have -
red and brown rice ( which I used instead of barley)
dried rosemary
fennel seeds
fresh chives
fresh Italian parsley
carrot (instead of potato)
garlic
onion
salt and ground black pepper

(The chives, parsley and carrot were left-over of previous kitchen adventures).

The red and brown rice takes time to cook so I cooked it the night before and kept it in the fridge. Then in the morning, before I toss it into the sausage mixture, I heated it high for a minute in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment